Chocolate and Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
I am finally getting around to posting this recipe after featuring it on my Instagram account a while ago. A lot is changing at the moment and I am in the process of getting back into taking regular photos and typing up my thoughts and recipes into posts and caption. I’m starting a new chapter in my life and it’s all a bit overwhelming. New relationships, restarting uni, finding somewhere to live, learning to drive, overcoming my anxiety and phobias and just generally working on getting myself fitter and healthier.
I hate that I have neglected my blog and social media channels because I feel like I am onto something good here. I have already had so many amazing opportunities that I hope will help me with my career in the future but I feel like I really need to throw myself into it and give 100% while I have the time to. I can’t promise everyday posting but I won’t leave gaps in between posts that are so big anymore.
Now without further ado, let’s get on to the recipe! This chocolate and peanut butter smoothie bowl is the perfect breakfast or sweet treat for the heatwave at the moment. The frozen bananas and peanut butter make the smoothie bowl really creamy. It’s like eating chocolate ice cream for breakfast! You could leave the bowl plain but I wanted to add lots of toppings to make it extra delicious but obviously, you don’t have to for a more everyday breakfast.
- 4 bananas (about 350-400g)
- 2 Tbsp (15g) cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp (40g) peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp (15g) ground flax seed
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk (from a carton not canned coconut milk!)
- Peanut butter
- Coconut shreds
- Edible flowers
- Place all of the ingredients in food processor and blend until everything is smooth.
- Divide between two bowls and top with peanut butter, chocolate, berries and coconut shreds.
- You can also top with edible flowers if you want to make it extra special.
- Serve immediately.
If you make the recipe please use the hashtags #eatplantifully #theplantifulbrunette and tag me in it!