Coconut Chia Pudding Acai Bowl
Somehow we are part of the way through June its nearly officially summer! If you have been following my blog over the last year then you will know I’m a big fan of smoothie bowls, particularly acai bowls. They are so refreshing and a perfect summer breakfast for when I have more time to spend in the kitchen! I have paired the acai smooth with coconut chia pudding to add some extra fibre, fat and protein to the bowl to make it a much more balanced meal.
I used Provamel Zero Sugars Coconut Plant-Based Alternative to Yogurt and the Rice Coconut Drink to make the chia pudding which was kindly sent to me! Their products are completely plant-based and they make an effort to sustainably source their ingredients. This is something that has become really important to me recently and I have a lot more posts planned on this topic and food coming up!
- Coconut chia pudding:
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Coconut Yogurt
- 1 cup of Coconut Rice Milk
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional)
- Acai Bowl
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup frozen acai
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- Spash of Coconut Rice Milk to Blend
- Coconut Chips
- Cacao Nibs
- Edible Flowers
- Make the chia pudding the night before by adding as the ingredients into a container and mixing until everything is well combined.
- Cover with a lid and leave to set overnight.
- For the acai bowl add the bananas, acai and berries in food processor with a spach of almond milk and blend until completly smooth.
- Fill half the bowl with acai and half with chia pudding. Add toppings of your choice. The ones I used are in the ingrediant list above.
- Serve immediately as they melt quite quickly.
If you make the recipe please use the hashtags #eatplantifully #theplantifulbrunette and tag me in it!