Iced Matcha Latte
I have been loving making my own lattes and drinks recently. I do really enjoy cold brew coffee, however, it’s not something I want to be drinking all the time so I love to replace it with other things from tea to turmeric and matcha lattes. The weather has been so lovely recently and I wanted to try making my own iced lattes and this is the first of a few I want to post on my blog.
Matcha has a really earthy flavour so not everyone enjoys it but I really do, paired with creamy coconut milk and a little bit of honey. If you are vegan and want to make it, then you can completely remove the honey from the recipe or replace it with something like maple syrup or agave. I would also like to point out that I do not make this recipe in a traditional way, not many people own a matcha whisk and you honestly don’t need it so I thought a blender was a much better option!
- 1-2 tsp (5-10ml) matcha*
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) honey
- 500ml coconut milk (the one in a carton not a can!)
- Ice (enough to fill two glasses)
- Place the matcha, water and honey in a blender and blend until it is completely smooth with no lumps.
- Fill two glasses with ice and pour half the matcha mixture in each.
- Fill the rest of the glass up with coconut milk and stir until the matcha mixture is evenly mixed in.
- Enjoy with a reusable straw!
If you make the recipe please use the hashtag #eatplantifully,#theplantifulbrunette and tag me in it!