Creamy Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
Last week I was experimenting with different chocolate smoothie bowls using different ingredients like sweet potato, courgette and avocado. I realised that I haven’t even shared my favourite go-to chocolate smoothie bowl on my blog! I have featured it several times on my page but never actually posted the recipe! So I thought while I am still working on perfecting my banana free version I can share this one with you all. In this version, I like to add almond butter to make it extra creamy and I also like to add ground flax seeds for added healthy fats. I also make my smoothie bowls in a slightly different way to what I see other people doing because I used a food processor. This is for a couple reasons, firstly, it makes the smoothie bowl really fluffy and creamy and you don’t need to add too much liquid to get it to blend. Secondly, because I don’t own a high-speed blender! They are so expensive and not something that everyone has. I want to make my recipes assessable to as many people as possible by using basic equipment. My food processor is actually about 5 years old and still works perfectly. I would like to replace it with a Magimix in the future but for now its good enough!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp (30ml almond butter
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk (I used oat)
- Peanut Butter Granola
- Coconut Chips
- Rose Petals
- Place the frozen bananas, cacao powder, almond butter and flaxseed into the food processor and start to blend.
- Slowly pour in the milk as it blends, you may need to stop a few times to scrape down the sides.
- Once everything is smooth and creamy spoon the mixture into a bowl and top with whatever you like! This time I have used fresh strawberries, homemade granola, coconut chips and rose petals.
If you make the recipe please use the hashtag #eatplantifully,#theplantifulbrunette and tag me in it!