Spring Nourish Bowl
This is a little bit different to my normal recipes but I felt really inspired by all of the fresh and light spring vegetables around at the moment and wanted to make a bowl featuring them with some things I already know I enjoy – avocado and roasted sweet potatoes. I also think its good to constantly be switching up your diet so you don’t get bored or stuck in the same routine of making the same foods constantly. It’s also good to switch up the foods you eat constantly to make sure you are getting a variety of nutrients and also I have been reading that eating a wide variety of foods especially plant-based are good for your gut bacteria. I have been reading a lot about the gut microbiome/microbiota recently because I find it really interesting and this is definitely an area I would like to learn more about and possibly specialise in the future along with plant-based nutrition.
This recipe can be enjoyed all spring and summer long and could also be adapted to use whatever veg you have on hand or is seasonal at the time. The Honey Mustard Vinegarette Dressing recipe for the bowl can be found here or you can use your favourite salad dressing. I’ll be posting more salad dressings soon because they are so simple to make and a lot tastier then the ones you find in shops in my opinion!
- 1 large sweet potato (about 400g)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 8-10 stalks of asparagus
- 4 stalks of celery
- ½ cucumber
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 handful of radishes
- ½ can butter beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 small avocado
- Honey Mustard Vinaigrette (Linked Below)
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil olive and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 40-50 minutes flipping halfway until they are soft and lightly browned.
- around 10 minutes before the sweet potato is done place the asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper and place back in the oven.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach in your serving bowls and chop the celery, cucumber, radishes and arrange in the bowl.
- Remove the sweet potato and asparagus from the oven and place in the bowl along with the butter beans and the other veggies. Place half an avocado in the centre.
- To serve drizzle over the honey mustard vinaigrette or dressing of choice and season with salt and pepper.
If you make the recipe please use the hashtags #eatplantifully #theplantifulbrunette and tag me in it!