Chia Seed Jam | Strawberry, Raspberry and Blueberry
Hello everyone! Sorry for the inconsistent posting again, I am trying to get better at it! I have finally gotten around to posting this recipe. I have already included the jam in the Peanut and Jelly Cups and the Caramelised Banana and Coconut Porridge. Chia seed jam is something I use quite a lot so I thought it was about time I uploaded the recipe for it! I love using this jam on porridge, toast, on pancakes or paired with yoghurt!
This jam also has much less sugar than the shop bought alternative and there is an option to make it with no added sugar! Nothing wrong with a little bit of sugar but I prefer to get it from fruit. The chia seeds in this recipe help to thicken it and also add a little extra fibre, protein and omega-3 fatty acid. Its also really delicious and I have included 3 varieties to enjoy – strawberry, raspberry and blueberry.
- 2 cups (250g) fruit (fresh or frozen) I used blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Vanilla Powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup
- Place the fruit of choice into a pan and heat gently
- mash with a fork until its a uniform texture this will take about 5 minutes.
- Then add the chia seeds, lemon juice and vanilla powder and honey if using.
- Continue heating until the mixture has thickened slightly it should look like jam at this point. This will take 5-10 minutes.
- Then pour into a clean jar.
- Store in the fridge and eat within a week.
If you make the recipe please use the hashtag #eatplantifully and tag me in it!