Blueberry Muffin Breakfast Smoothie
This is going to be the first smoothie recipe that I share with you all. I have shared smoothie bowl recipes before but that’s a bit different to this. I honestly find smoothies a bit boring and not that fun to take photos of until I made this. It may not be the prettiest smoothie you’ll ever make but I really think it does make the perfect breakfast. It’s packed with complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, greens, and 14g of plant-based protein from whole-foods! So it really will help to make you feel full and satisfied. Plus I think the combination of the almond butter, oats, blueberries and cinnamon make this smoothie taste like a blueberry muffin. You really can’t taste the spinach!
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds (plus extra to top)
- 1 Tbsp Flax Seeds
- 4 Tbsp Oats
- 250ml Milk (I used Almond)
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Handful Blueberries
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Place the hemp seeds, flax seeds, oats and almond milk in a blender and leave to soak for a few minutes. The longer you leave them to soak the easier it will be to blend them into the smoothie.
- Then add all the other ingredients and blend until everything is smooth.
- You can top the smoothie with extra hemp seeds if you want to and then its ready to drink and enjoy.
If you make the recipe please use the hashtag #eatplantifully and tag me in it!