Easy Vegan Sushi Burrito
Sushi is one of my favorite foods and this version is the perfect lunch for work or uni. It fits perfectly in a lunch box, it doesn’t fall apart, its really filling and most importantly it tastes delicious. In this recipe, I use marinated tofu, avocado, cucumber and carrot just to keep it simple but you could really use whatever you want. I may post some variations in the future using teriyaki, salmon, quinoa and lots of other delicious veggies to give you even more lunch ideas.
I am going to try and feature more lunch and on-the-go recipes on my blog because at Uni my schedule is very unpredictable and when I’m out from 8 am until 7 pm I like to make you I bring lots of food to try and get me through the day so I stick to eating lots of healthy nourishing food and don’t spend too much money on campus!
- 2 nori sheets
- 200g (about ½ cup) cooked sushi rice, cooled to room temperature
- 1 splash rice vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ cup cucumber
- 1 small carrot
- 2 slices of cooked marinated tofu
- black sesame seeds
- 1 small bowl warm water
- Firstly prepare the rice by mixing the cooked sushi rice with the rice vinegar and salt. Some recipes use sugar but I decided to leave it out because I don't think the rice needs it.
- Next thinly slice the avocado, cucumber, and carrots.
- Then take one nori sheet and place it on a sushi mat and then wet one edge with the water and stick the other nori sheet to it to create a giant and much longer nori sheet.
- Spread the rice evenly across the nori sheet leaving a 1-2 inch gap at the end.
- Then place the avocado, carrots, cucumber and tofu slices in the middle of the sheet.
- Use the mat to carefully roll up the sushi burrito and seal the edge with water.
- Slice off the ends to make it look neater, top with the sesame seeds and then its ready to eat or pack in your lunch box I also like to serve it with tamari. For lunch boxes, I like to wrap the sushi in parchment paper.
If you make the recipe please use the hashtag #eatplantifully and tag me in it!