Chocolate Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups
A luxury chocolate company called Goodio recently sent me some of their chocolate to try and make a recipe with. They are completely vegan, ethically produced and the packaging is biodegradable and most importantly the chocolate is so delicious. After trying some I decided that I wanted to make a twist on a childhood classic. I used to really love peanut butter cups and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so I thought why not combine the two and make something new. As always I like to put a healthy twist on my recipes so there is less sugar in these, no hydrogenated oil or weird additives! But by no means are they less indulgent. The recipe for the chia jam is also on my blog!
- 200g (7 oz.) Dark Chocolate
- 90g (1/3 Cup) Peanut Butter
- 30g (1/4 Cup) Coconut Flour (optional - only add if the peanut butter is too runny)
- 110g (1/3 cup) Chia Seed Jam
- Line a muffin tin with six paper liners.
- Then melt the chocolate over low heat until smooth
- Pour a bit into each liner and tilt to coat the sides. Save a bit to pour on top at the end.
- Place them into the fridge for around 20 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile mix the peanut butter and coconut flour together.
- Once they have set, spoon ⅙ of the peanut butter mixture and ⅙ of the chia jam into each liner.
- Then pour the remaining chocolate over and place back into the fridge until they are fully set.
If you make the recipe please use the hashtag #eatplantifully and tag me in it!