Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles
The weather hasn’t been so great recently but I’m still really enjoying making lots of refreshing treats. This was a childhood favorite of mine when I was growing up in Canada. I’m not sure if they sell them in the UK but they are basically a really creamy and rich chocolate ice lolly. Then I added some melted chocolate and lots of toppings to make them look a bit more grown up, but they are really delicious either way! This recipe was made in collaboration with Conscious Chocolate. They hand-make their vegan chocolate bars in the UK with raw and wild ingredients. They kindly sent me a few bars to try and in this recipe I used the essential orange flavor which uses orange and tangerine oil to make it extra delicious.
- 2 Tbsp of Cocoa/Cacao Powder
- 2-3 Tbsp of Honey or Maple Syrup depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 400g (14 oz) Tin of Coconut Milk
- Wooden Sticks
- Ice lolly Mould
- Frozen Raspberries
- Desiccated Coconut
- Cacao Nibs
- Orange Zest
- Place the cacao powder, honey and coconut milk in a blender and blend.
- Then pour into your ice lolly moulds.
- You may have a little bit left over but don't throw it away! You can put it in the fridge and it will have a chocolate pudding like texture.
- Then place the ice lolly moulds in the freezer for 1-2 hours until they start to firm up.
- Once they are slightly frozen put the wooden sticks in. This will stop them from falling over and looking wonky.
- Then place them back in the freezer for a few hours or overnight until they are completely solid.
- Then use a little hot water to unmould them and place them on a tray in the freezer to keep them cool whole you prepare the toppings.
- Melt the chocolate and crush the pistachios and raspberries.
- Take the lollies out of the freezer drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle over the toppings.
- Then they are ready to serve or can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer.
Hope you enjoy! If you try the recipe please use the hashtag #eatplantifully and tag me in it!