Vanilla Bean Porridge
I used to think porridge was a boring breakfast, but it really doesn’t have to be. There are endless possibilities for flavours such as carrot cake, brownie batter and apple and cinnamon to name a few! This is just a basic vanilla bean porridge topped with loads of berries and it’s still so delicious, super filling and packed full of complex carbohydrates. Studies have also shown that diets rich in whole grains such as oats, brown rice, quinoa, and corn help lower the risk of heart disease so it really is a great way to start the day!
- ½ cup of oats
- ½ a banana (use the other half to top)
- 1 cup of plant milk (I like coconut or almond)
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp chia/flax seeds
- 1 serving of protein powder
- Almond Butter
- Mash up the banana and add it into a pan with all the other ingredients.
- Stir everything together and bring the porridge to a gentle simmer and cook over a low heat until it reaches your desired thickness. This will take about 10 minutes
- Then pour it into a bowl and top it with your favourite things. I think this porridge tastes best with berries and almond butter!
If you make the recipe please tag me in it or use the hashtag #eatplantifully because I would love to see your recreations!