Classic Pesto Pasta
Pesto pasta is probably one of my favourite meals. It’s so simple filling and really quick to make if you have already prepared the pesto so it’s perfect for a mid-week meal. I like to make a large batch to make sure I have some leftovers for lunch the next day. It really is delicious eaten warm or cold. The pesto recipe can also be used in other dishes such as on pizza (I am going to post my pizza recipe soon! it’s really quick and easy to make because there is no yeast so you don’t have to wait for it to rise and it is also gluten-free and high in protein.), in sandwiches or on crackers. It really is such a versatile recipe!
- 80g (1 cup) of toasted pine nuts + extra to sprinkle on top
- 60g (1/2 cup) of fresh basil
- 60g (1 cup) Spinach
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5g (2 Tbsp) of nutritional yeast
- 90ml (1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp) of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- 400g (14 oz) of your
favoritepasta (I used brown rice)
- Pine Nuts
- Place all of the ingredients in the food processor and blend until you reach the desired consistency. Make sure you only use the basil leaves as they can be quite woody.
- You may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor to make sure it blends evenly.
- Then cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Once the pasta has cooked and cooled slightly mix the pesto through evenly and place it in a serving dish.
- You can leave as is or top with the ingredients listed above.
- It will last for a few days in the fridge
If you make the recipe please use the hashtag #eatplantifully, #theplantifulbrunette and tag me in it!