Blueberry Acai Bowl
I hope everyone is enjoying the weather we are having at the moment. When it starts to warm up I crave more fruit and colder breakfast options, so smoothie bowls are perfect! This is one of my favourite combinations. The acai berries and blueberries are full of antioxidants and they have a delicious rich fruity flavour. Acai can be rather bitter on its own, so I like to add a bit of honey to sweeten it. If you don’t eat honey then any liquid sweeter will work such as maple syrup, or you can leave it out completely. In this recipe I also recommend using a food processor rather than a blender which may seem strange but it means you don’t have to add as much liquid so it gives the smoothie bowl a much thicker ice cream like consistency, so, not only can it be a healthy breakfast option, but also be a really refreshing dessert.
- Acai Bowl:
- 1 cup of blueberries (about 150g)
- 2 frozen bananas (about 240g)
- ½ cup (125ml) almond milk
- 1 pack of frozen acai (100g/3.5oz)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) honey or agave
- Chia seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Cashew butter
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until everything is smooth and creamy.
- At first, it will look crumbly but as you continue to blend it will all come together.
- You may need to let the ingredients thaw for around 5 minutes if they are too hard to blend.
- Scoop into a bowl and serve with your favourite toppings. I have listed all the ones I used above
If you make the recipe please tag me in it or use the hashtag #eatplantifully because I would love to see your recreations!